Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ANGER

Matthew 5:21 Jesus: "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that ANYONE who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother 'Raca' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

Wow.... that seems really harsh to me!!! But I explored further into the intent of what Jesus is telling us. I think sometimes we miss the intent when we miss WHY God made the rules!

I believe it is because God wants us to love one another!!!
Anger violates Gods command to love... and it is a command... not a suggestion or idea. When He commands... He wants us to do it!

Anger is exactly where Satan wants us... and keeps us from developing a spirit pleasing to God.

It is so easy to say we love one another when it doesn't cost us anything... but the real test is how we treat others. How do you treat your children????? How do you treat your spouse???? Those can be the real challenges. Sure, you love them.... but when you get angry... how do you treat them??? Do you stop and think before you speak?

Have you ever been pleased and proud of yourself that you didn't strike out and say what was really on your mind? Self control is good.... it is really good! But you know what is better? Christ wants us to practice thought control as well. Jesus said we will be held accountable even for our attitudes! We need to take our thoughts captive and control them.
In doing so I believe we can control our anger. Do we really want our angry thoughts to develop into a habit of anger? Into our destiny? We are hypocrites if we claim to love God while we hate others! Our attitudes towards others reflects our relationship with God.
Seriously.... we cannot truly love God while neglecting to love those who are created in His image! You must understand God's love to be able to give love.... you just can't give what you don't have!

Think of someone you hate today. Hate too strong of a word? Ask God to search you and show you. Do not give Satan another day. Ask God to help you forgive that person and to love that person through Him.

Here is an sample of some way to gain your power back that I had gotten from a counselor.. you only need to say it out loud... not to the person. It is powerful!

I forgive you, ----name---- for ----action-----. I take authority over you, Satan, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the power of His resurrected life! I take back the ground I have allowed you to gain in my attitude toward ---name--- and give this ground back to my Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment